Refuting media reports about Sachin Tendulkar being given an ultimatum to take a call on his Test career after his 200th Test, chief of the BCCI selection committee Sandeep Patil told CNN-IBN that it's baselesss and he has not spoken to Tendulkar since the last Test match against Australia March. Speaking to CNN-IBN, Patil categorically denied having any talks with the batting icon related to his Test career or retirement plans following his 200th Test.
"I have not spoken or discussed anything related to his 200th Test or his retirement. The news reports on Tendulkar are baseless," Patil told CNN-IBN.
Earlier on Wednesday, The Financial Express> reported that the 200th Test could be Tendulkar's last after Patil spoke with the Mumbai batsman about his future plans. "Patil told Tendulkar that after his 200th Test, it will only be his form and not his past record that will matter when selectors pick the team for future Tests, it is learnt. Those in the know say that days after the West Indies series was finalised, Patil spoke to BCCI chief N Srinivasan seeking clarity on Tendulkar," the report said.
However, while talking to CNN-IBN, Patil denied meeting Tendulkar since the last Test match against Australia in March earlier this year.
Patil also told CNN-IBN that Tendulkar will in all likelihood tour South Africa following the home Test series against West Indies.